cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandrake44
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Conflicting anti-spyware.

Will the anti-spyware programs like Adaware or Spybot Search & Destroy conflict with McAfee Virus Scan Plus program?
Labels (2)
5 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

RE: Conflicting anti-spyware.

yes it will conflict
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I don't know about Spybot S&D, but I recall (long time ago, so I could be wrong) that McAfee won't even install if you have AdAware on your computer.

However, you MAY be able to install AdAware AFTER you have installed McAfee.

I'm not sure about conflicts, that often depends on how you configure/use the software.

Having said that, AdAware isn't a good antispyware application IMO.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

I've got Adaware 2008 (Adaware SE is the old application and should be replaced), SpywareBlaster and SuperAntispyware all working fine on both XP and Vista with McAfee.
Mandrake44
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

OK, I mentioned Adaware in the other forum that you helped me with and that I will probably will put it back on after I re-install McAfee.
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

There's only a conflict with Spybot's TeaTimer function. Just turn that one off...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community