cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralhock
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Computer Unprotected

Every time I start my computer (XP Home, SP3) I get an unprotected message. This has started about a month ago. Have used this product for years without this problem. About half of the time the "Fix" does. The rest of the time the MVT runs with a fix sometimes, but many times there is no correction. I've paid for protection and only get it sometimes. HELP!!! Auto up-date is running, and screen shows that program is up to date. Windows up-date is also current.
2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: Computer Unprotected

Hi,
Do you have any other antivirus software’s installed on the computer ?
Have you made any recent changes to the computer??
Try to capture the exact error from security center (below the FIX button)

Regards,
ralhock
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Computer Unprotected

Reply to Dinz:

I have no other anti-virus installed.

No changes have been made to the computer.

Uninstalled Virus Scan, and re-installed. The system ran OK for a day, and now have the same problem as before. The only fix message I get is that "One or more problems cannot be fixed because of an error" with no further help or info provided.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community