cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GG_Tanzania
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Cannot download 3-Users McAfee Total Protection

I purchased in May this year the 3-Users McAfee Total Protection and installed the product on 2 computers as I was waiting a piece of hardware to install it on my third computer.

We left for a month. When coming back, McAfee would not update on the two computers where it was installed and a message was saying to reinstall the product. Then, problem started:

1. Download of DMSetup.exe: at the end of the download, message “Cannot execute file C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcshell.exe. Cause: The system cannot find the path specified.”
2. After several attempts, running the removal tools, etc, the DMSetup.exe is downloaded and the window [McAfee product installation, status: downloading compatibility checker] appears and the download starts (total size: 56866.48 KB). After downloading some data (size varies), the size downloaded restarts to a lower number several times and then I get either this message: “McAfee Integrated Security Platform Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you are in the middle…….etc….)” or this one: “Cannot execute file C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcshell.exe. Cause: The system cannot find the path specified” or finally this one that comes up more frequently “Installation cannot continue – We’re having trouble installing your McAfee software (download error: 7305). Here are some things you can do to fix this: Try downloading the files again
Well, I tried….. no success!

Virtual technician has been run, as well as the Pre-install and MC removal tools.

For your information, the product was installed on the 3rd computer (although after several attempts) after a clean install of Windows XP.

Thank you
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: Cannot download 3-Users McAfee Total Protection

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community