Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerem339
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Cannot Update Virus Protection

Jump to solution

Hi,

Since few days, I cannot update my McAfee Security Center. When I try manually, it's stays at 0%.  

The Virtual technician doesn't found the problem.

Can you help me with that?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jerem339
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Re: Cannot Update Virus Protection

Jump to solution
I remove and reinstall and it works fine!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
josephmfisher
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I've got the same client-end issue. I've tried re-installing, creating new user accounts and nothing seems to be working. I open the console to monitor the traffic between the programs running and how they network outbound traffic and a consistent variable that prompts the administrator action is "Failed to get PDCCode" -- Addditional support/advice is welcome! Thanks all.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution
This is the Consumer section. Your reply sounds like it relates to a corporate environment, where the rules (and the product) are different.
jerem339
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution
I remove and reinstall and it works fine!
NJ13
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

I have had this problem since the beginning of last month. The virtual technician finds nothing. Tech support has uninstalled and reinstalled twice since then. This installation updated once then ceased after that. No updates for 8 days now. hey don't give an explanation just reinstall. This is obviously not solving the problem just turning it on and off again. There was an update to Windows 10 just before this happened to me and I wonder if that is the problem. The technicians didn't mention that to me.

19HVDB51
Contributor II
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Mcafee Total Protection on Windows 10 (up-to-date)
Same problem here !!
Tech support has uninstalled and reinstalled in january (2018).
Since then I need to uninstall and reinstall every 2 or 3 weeks !!!
09 02 2018 reinstall again
14 02 2018 reinstall again
17 02 2018 update problem
18 02 2018 update OK
01 03 2018 reinstall again
18 03 2018 update problem
19 03 2018 reinstall again
28 03 2018 reinstall again ....
My subscription runs until 7-6-2018
I am fed up and will NOT extend my subscription.

19HVDB51
Contributor II
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

None of the mcafee staff interested in this issue ?
Should we all switch to an other security protection software ?

revik123
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Uninstalling and re-installing is not a long term solution.  It works for a few days and then the problem re-occurs.  It does not seem like a reasonable solution to install McAfee every few days.  There is something else going on here that is affecting many customers. 

CrystalHafley
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

As an expert on the online security team of Worst Brands, I can say that there could be several reasons why your McAfee Security Center is not updating. Some possible causes include:

1. Internet connection issues: Make sure your computer is connected to the internet and that you have a stable connection.

2. Firewall or other security software: Firewalls or other security software can sometimes prevent McAfee from updating. Try disabling these programs temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Outdated software: Make sure your operating system and McAfee software are up-to-date.

4. McAfee server issues: McAfee servers may be down or experiencing technical difficulties. Check the McAfee website or contact their customer support for more information.

5. Corrupted files: Corrupted files in the McAfee program or on your computer may be preventing the update from completing.

You can try the solution one by one and if the problem still persists, you may try uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it again. Alternatively, you may contact McAfee support for further assistance.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community