Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Can't open Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs:

Jump to solution

Cookie-Named-ATDMT

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.

About my McAfee Total Protection information as follows. McAfee Security Center Version: 110 Build 11.0.560 Last update 6/22/2011 McAfee Virus Scan 15.0 Build 15.0.288 Last update 6/29/2011. Dat Version: 6392 DAT Creation Date 6/29/2011 Boot DAT Version 6390.0000 Boot DAT Creation Date 6/27/2011. Engine Version: 5400.1158.

Having big time problems with Cookies-ATDMT and Quaranined Potentially Unwanted Programs drawer in McAfee Security Center Total Protection. Apparently that drawer application is over loaded and McAfee Security Center freezes up when trying to open it. The Quarantined drawer application works and all infected files have been deleted.

I have unchecked the 'Tracking Cookies' in Real-Time Scanning for now. I really prefer not doing that. However McAfee Security Center found it necessary to minimize what is sent to that folder drawer because the ATDMT Cookie can't be deleted as the graphic sent here shows. I need to be advised step by step on how to restore the ATDMT Cookie with out

damaging the cookie or, McAfee Security Center.

System is a AMD 64 Processor 3500 with Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Cordially,

CrazyChuck

Picture 314.jpg

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 6/30/11 4:40:10 PM CDT

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 6/30/11 4:55:17 PM CDT

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 6/30/11 5:15:56 PM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't open Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs:

Jump to solution

Can you try to clear you temporary files and user profile cookies . restart the PC and then try to open the quarantined drawer. This happens if the PC is clogged with excessive cookies as well

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Can you try to clear you temporary files and user profile cookies . restart the PC and then try to open the quarantined drawer. This happens if the PC is clogged with excessive cookies as well

CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thank you Dinesh. However there were alot of big time problems with virus and IP address spoofing  through messenger on a Dial-up connection.

Thanks Dinesh,

Cordially

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community