cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sourabh0612
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Activation of McAfee Security Center

I bought Dell Studio 15 with the 15 month subscription of McAfee Security Center and i am using it in my University.

Since my university campus hav a proxy for internet so i am unable to activate my product.I am having Windows 7 Home Premium OS

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/12/09 7:56:59 EST AM
4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Activation of McAfee Security Center

Ask the university IT department for advice on this.

This fix may help (it refers to updates but the fix may help this case too):

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100291&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777224&turl...

If not I suggest you contact Technical Support Chat, it's free and available via "McAfee Support" at top of this page then click Home and Home Office.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/12/09 8:00:11 EST AM
Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hi sourabh0612,

Could you please provide the error message you get during the registration ; so that we could proceed accordingly.

note : Moving thread to security center 9 - 2009

Thanks,

Dinesh K

on 12/25/09 3:50:47 PM GMT-06:00
sourabh0612
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

the attached image shows the exact error that is displayed when i click on the activate button after it searches for the available connection

Bravo
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Hi sourabh0612,

•                           If you are using IE 6 you can run IERegFix.bat I've attached the  file(to find the version of Internet Explorer , open IE click on Help and then About Internet Explorer )
  •                           If you are using IE 7 or 8 reset IE and then try to register mcafee (To reset IE .open IE click on  tools -Internet options -Advance- Reset (For IE8) Reset Internet explorer settings (For IE7))
  •                          note:- If you have more than one user for this computer Login as Administrator to register McAfee , Try to use the User name(Email Address) and password in Lower Case

THANKS

Message was edited by: Bravo on 12/27/09 8:05:35 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community