cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djsosharp
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

A couple questions about subscription renewal

First of all, I apologize if this is in the wrong subforum. Please move if necessary.

I've got an Internet Security 3-user, 1-year subscription that expires on 12/9/2009. I have two questions:

1) Since I have only installed it on one computer right now, if I were to install it on my laptop today would it apply for a year from that date? Or would it be restricted to that same 12/9/2009 expiration?

2) I saw a great deal on Total Protection 2009 and snapped it up. Should I wait until my current subscription lapses and uninstall what I have before installing? Or can I install it now and have it just tack on to the end of my current subscription?

Thanks very much for your help.
2 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: A couple questions about subscription renewal

Hi,
Yes we have to Uninstall and reinstall the McAfee product if you are upgrading to new product like total protection to internet security suit or any other packages.
Subscription will be valid only till the 12/9/2009 on laptop if you install even though you install it today in the computer
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

RE: A couple questions about subscription renewal

What BalaSGS failed to mention is that if you uninstall McAfee you should use the MCPR tool plus instructions (can be found on this forum). If you don't and reinstall you can expect problems.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community