cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eagle2015
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

I have a problem with my VPN.  I purchased a new laptop with an activate date for McAfee on June 11, 2020.  I have been using the VPN all along (over a month) with auto renewal turned on.  Last Saturday, August 1, 2020 I received a notification that my VPN could not connect.  I checked McAfee LiveSafe on my desktop, but the VPN icon was no longer visible. I need assistance in regaining access to the VPN.  5.

Thank you,

~ NB  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 6

Hello @eagle2015 

We received an update from our Engineering Team that issue is fixed. If you still have issues, please update McAfee by right clicking "M" icon which is next to time and date at bottom right and check.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee, if updating McAfee doesn't fix the issue.

Regards,
Madhan M 

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Hello @eagle2015 

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We are aware of this issue and our Engineering Team is working on it to find a solution as soon as possible. We will update you once the issue gets fixed.

Regards,
Madhan M

eagle2015
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hello, I am still encountering issues with my McAfee software. I cannot access the VPN. It is difficult to contact customer support and navigate the software. I have had difficulty with the chat function, I attempted to contact a representative twice, where I was connected and then disconnected in less than a minute . The system tried to reconnect, but this went on for several minutes. I am requesting a refund of my three-year subscription, which was purchased on June 11, 2020. According to your policy, I qualify because I am requesting the refund “within 60 days of automatic renewal (for 1 year or longer terms)”. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you,

~ NB

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hello @eagle2015 

Please forgive us for the inconvenience caused. As mentioned earlier, the issue was identified and Engineering Team was working for a fix.

We received an update recently that issue has been sorted out. The VPN option should appear in the McAfee console and it should work fine. It will take 24 hours for the update to reflect and issue should be sorted out. Kindly wait for 24 hours and check. McAfee VPN should appear on the console and work fine.

If you still have issues, please let us know, we will help you.

Regards,
Madhan M

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 6

Hello @eagle2015 

We received an update from our Engineering Team that issue is fixed. If you still have issues, please update McAfee by right clicking "M" icon which is next to time and date at bottom right and check.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee, if updating McAfee doesn't fix the issue.

Regards,
Madhan M 

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

Sylvie2
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Ik heb hetzelfde probleem op mijn mobiel en tablet. Ik kan geen VPN-verbinding tot stand brengen. Krijg steeds foutmelding 403. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community