Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarmengol
Contributor III
Message 51 of 110

Re: Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Jump to solution

As a follow up to yesterday's messages, today I turned on and used the laptop very little, Memory had slightly increased to about 400MB I left it on for a few hours and the value has increased to about 1GB. When I came back, just to do something with the computer, I tried opening and closing Outlook, Word, Excel, to see if there was any change, and I don't really see any variation the exact moment I open them. However, I just sit and stay looking at the values of CPU and Memory and they are totally erratic, CPU will stay mostly at 0-5% but will suddenly increase to 20-30% for a few seconds... same with Memory that for now stays close to 1GB but increases to 2GB for a few seconds, sometimes will even reach 3-4 GB and will go down back to 1GB.

jarmengol
Contributor III
Message 52 of 110

Jump to solution

Selvan,

You haven't acknowledged receipt of any message. It says you are a Moderator... whatever that is. Are you in charge to help or something or is bothering to follow up a total waste of time?

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 53 of 110

Jump to solution

Selvan,

You haven't acknowledged receipt of any message. It says you are a Moderator... whatever that is. Are you in charge to help or something or is bothering to follow up a total waste of time?

I have compiled my observations and shared the same with concerned team for investigation. Note that I will post back if more details are required.

Appreciate everyone being patient.

jarmengol
Contributor III
Message 54 of 110

Jump to solution

Selvan,

Thank you for your reply, good to know after so long someone is taking care of the issue. Will continue keeping you updated then.

Regards.

dug5y
Contributor
Message 55 of 110

Jump to solution

I'm yet another user who's recently been experiencing exceptionally high memory usage on my PC thanks to the Module Core Service activity (up to 98%!!) - a Dell XPS with Windows 10.  For the last couple of days this has rendered my PC totally unusable as it quickly slows down to a complete stop.  I'm therefore now having to consider disabling the McAfee Virus Scan package on my PC so that I can at least continue to work until this issue is resolved.

stew32
Contributor
Message 56 of 110

Jump to solution

Another me too...Total Protection virus protection is behaving like a virus on my Dell; sucking up ram and cpu. Rebooting doesn't fix this issue for long. I need a fix like yesterday. I can't keep rebooting. I can't end the process or lower its priority. I have paid for software that is killing my computer. Where is the fix???

sam2817
Contributor
Message 57 of 110

Jump to solution
Same here.
jarmengol
Contributor III
Message 58 of 110

Jump to solution

Yesterday my Windows automatically installed the - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093112) April 10, 2018 - after it, once again values seemed to go back to "normal". After having the computer turned on for about an hour, the Memory of the Module Core Service has already reached 110MB and growing...

kirkclaybrook
Contributor III
Message 59 of 110

Jump to solution
WHY DOES THIS SAY "SOLVED"?! THE PROBLEM MOST DEFINITELY HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED. NEW VICTIMS OF THIS CONTINUING AND CRIPPLING PROBLEM ARE REPORTING IN DAILY.
kirkclaybrook
Contributor III
Message 60 of 110

Jump to solution

WHY DOES THIS SAY "SOLVED"?! THE PROBLEM MOST DEFINITELY HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED. NEW VICTIMS OF THIS CONTINUING AND CRIPPLING PROBLEM ARE REPORTING IN DAILY.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community