Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 1 of 47

RE: Firewall Inbound pinging tracer don't work:

Jump to solution

I"m going to walk through the procedures so that we all know what and, where the trouble is I'm having.

Clicking on the McAfee security center icon then clicking "Reports & Logs" then View Log comes up. Clicking View Log then Internet & Network. Clicking the + on Internet & Network will show Inbound Events. After clicking Inbound Events there's a least of "Date/Time, Source IP, Host Name and, Event Information. Facing the monitor right is a small window called "I want to.... . Clicking "Trace this IP" ins't working properly on the Inbound Events. It won't visual trace Inbound Events. The map view graphics are there and, the pinging node is slow with no trace results at the end of the pinging. There are times it just keeps pinging. I've used the McAfee Virtual Technician and it says that I have no problem. This problem just started in the last Month or so.

Information about the firewall : Version 10.15 Build 10.15.106. And no I don't have Windows 7 !

At one point about a Month ago I had to turn of the complete McAfee security center to install software from a cd. I just clicked fix it to turn it back on. I don't see that as making any difference in turning all the security back on manual or, just click fix.

So what's the deal here what's my problem ??? Everything else appears to be working expect I'm getting a lot of error logs from Internet Explorer concerning McAfee on the downloading daily DAT VirusScan. That's making me nerves.

Cordially

CrazyChuck

I hope I'm in the right department this time:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 47

Re: RE: Firewall Inbound pinging tracer don't work:

Jump to solution

Not having XP anymore I really don't know.   You should try Technical Support Chat.

View solution in original post

46 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 47

Jump to solution

Are you behind a router by any chance.  I believe that will effect how Visual Trace works.  Let me email someone on this.   I'll get back to you.

CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 3 of 47

Jump to solution

Hi Ex-Brit

Thanks for working with me. If you mean a Network router no. I'm just on a Dial-up connection. I don't think I understand what the question is fully as simple as it seems . A home network or, business having two or, more computers linked together on a router behind the dial-up connection no. I'm working off of one computer. If there's a router on a dial-up connection on the Internet side I don't know the answer to that. Just at a guess I would say yes from the Internet side.

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 12/16/09 1:01:21 PM CST
ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 47

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just including a reference to CrazyChuck's blog post here:

http://community.mcafee.com/groups/firewall/blog/2009/12/13/re-problem-with-my-firewall-inbound-even...

There are some further comments and a trojan that he has found.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 47

Jump to solution

I have also posted this message yesterday but no responses.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 47

Jump to solution

Hi newjack and crazychuck,

Sorry for the delayed response,
I will have this issue discussed in the next call with McAfee engineers and keep you posted on the same.

Regards,
Dinesh K

on 12/18/09 7:42:41 AM GMT-06:00
CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 7 of 47

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if I should click helpfull answer or not because, their are three members involved here. One thing I am sure of that we'll all be very grateful for your time and effort to get some answers. I'm also sure that once we get answers we'll feel some relief from these anxiety attack.

Cordially

CrazyChuck

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 12/19/09 12:22:20 AM CST
CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 8 of 47

Jump to solution

I don't know how much evilness is in this Trojan AWQ.b. According to McAfee web site there are 252 AWQ Trogans. With a diel-up connection it well take me about one day or so to find out if this Trojan is already listed there. If not I'll have to learn how to email it to Mcafee. Thank you very much for your time April Jacobs.

Cordially,

CrazyChuck

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 12/19/09 1:28:44 AM CST
jlcavor
Former Member
Message 9 of 47

Jump to solution

I am having exactly the same problem on two different computers. McAfee was recently upgraded. It used to work, now it does not. Security Center is 9.15, build 9.15.160; Virus Scan is 13.15, build 13.15.113; Personal Firewall is 10.15, build 10.15.106 and; Site Advisor 2.9, build 2.9.258

CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 10 of 47

Jump to solution

I'm in the dark here newjack. Give me some time to find out what you posted addressing me CrazyChuck personally. I'm new and my Internet connection is really slow and, I'll be lucky if my ISP don't kick me of line before I complete this message.

Cordially

CrazyChuck.

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 12/19/09 1:18:41 AM CST

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 12/19/09 1:19:55 AM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community