cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dead26times
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Firewall turns off, McAfee says My Computer is at risk !

I Always get Firewall is turned off messages and McAfee says, My Computer is at risk. I have serach net but wasnt able to fix it. I am unable to see these two services BFE (Base Filtering Engine)

service & Windows Firewall service are running in Services.

Can someone please help me out in this regard?

Thanks

Ranjith.

3 Replies
user_193260
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Firewall turns off, McAfee says My Computer is at risk !

Hi Ranjith.

Please check what is the start up type for both the McAfee Firewall services. Make sure they are in Automatic. If any of them is disabled, try to go into its properties and make it to Automatic. Hope that works. Let know if you are not able to change the Start up type from disabled to Automatic.

Regards

Kris Iyer

dead26times
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Kris for your reply,

I tried the above steps but couldnt start the McAfee personal firewall service. Please find attached FYR.

It would be great help if you could please let me know the other work around for the same.McAfee.png

user_193260
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi Ranjith,

Please re-install McAfee.

Use the following link for assistance.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

That must fix the issue.

Confirm that Windows Firewall and Base Filter Engine are working fine after removing McAfee and then proceed with installing McAfee again.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community