Contributor II
Message 81 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

I have

NVIDIA NVS 510

Peacekeeper
Message 82 of 151

Ok in another thread on this a user 4 days ago followed this advice of mine to uninstall McAfee and reinstall it

"Uninstall via windows Programs and features then run  MCPR

Download the MCPR tool.

Reboot and follow the preparation steps for an install.

Mcafee install preparation steps

That said this gives the new 16.0.R6 version but we are surprised everything is working fine now. has any1 reinstalled clearing the old install with the removal tool and cleaning up prior to the install?

In that thread only 1 tried this any1 here interested

McAfee Management service host Very HIGH CPU USAGE

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 83 of 151

Ok, tried it today. Removed all potential s/w threads using the tools as given above, checked every possible issues and then reinstall the latest McAfee Total Protection as given in the procedure. Then rebooted the laptop and guess what : same issue as highlighted in this forum. McAfee running as high as 94%. Bad luck but it does not work on my Acer laptop. I then used my option of starting the laptop but login-in after ±20mn, and as before I am then able to use it as normal.

paulef
Former Member
Message 84 of 151

Mine does the same thing, uses as much as 99% of CPU

Peacekeeper
Message 85 of 151

Sigh Thought it was too easy a fix sorry.

jvandeven
Former Member
Message 86 of 151

Mine ran fine for a few weeks after an uninstall-reinstall, but the problem returned again today... Might be a problem with McAfee interfering with the automatic Windows update...

Peacekeeper
Message 87 of 151

I would say it is clashing but what with beats me that is why I asked for some of you to list the not normal programs you have installed to see if there is a common issue. Mine as I said is stable at 0%

padomay
Contributor
Message 88 of 151

I followed a link here from the CPU usage post. The Mcafee Management Service Host is hogging 95-99% of my Win 10 laptop in the last few days. Would love for it to be resolved!

Thanks

jvandeven
Former Member
Message 89 of 151

Is McAfee working on this issue?  I guess it might be a conflict with something like Adobe DC, but asking people to write in with a complete list of their installed apps is unlikely to generate reliable detail.  I cannot believe that a company backed by Intel can produce software that is as buggy as this thing seems to be.  The resource consumption is absolutely appalling, the requests for auto "cleaning" and updating a real pain, and these seem impossible to suppress.  All I want is discrete security - ideally I don't even want to know it is there.  This option does not seem to match up with the current corporate strategy...

bjsanta
Contributor
Message 90 of 151

I have the same problem and happy to help provide info,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community