cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smokym1
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Quick clean will not run

I have a gateway laptop running windows 7,  Mcafee internet security version 11 and quick clean version 11 updated 9/11/2011.  When I click on the pc home and networks tool is indicate quickclean is installed, when I click on the quick clean link, noting happens. No message.  After reading this board I tried the virtual tech without any result,  I went to my home page and reloaded the software, quick clean still does not run.  Tried to run quickclean in safe mode, nothing happens.  I have used this feature every two weeks, but something changed in August.  I do not receive any errors or messages.

Quickclean does run on my desktop running an older version of windows.

3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Quick clean will not run

Hi there,

• Click the Windows Orb, right-click Computer, and select Manage.
  • If prompted, click Continue.
  • Select Device Manager.
  • Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
  • Double-click your video card.
  • Select the Driver tab. Your Driver Version will be displayed here. Please let us know the version.

Also, open Internet explorer - click on Help - then click About Internet Explorer and let us know the version : and cipher strength -

Regards,

smokym1
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your prompt response Dinz:

Regarding internet explorer : The version is 9.0.8112.16421  update version 9.0.2  cipher strength 256

I try to use google chrome or fire fox  but the browers are always shutdown when I try to que the quickclean.

Regarding the video card: This is a lap top.  I do not see a reference to a video card or video card driver in the menu you listed (only audio) but I have a display adapter
Intel 945 express chipset family.  the driver is igdkmd32.sys.

As I stated I have used Mcafee for years and only recently (within the last two weeks) has quickclean not initiated.

Best regards,

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

This issue seems unusual ; could you please update us with the specifications ;

McAfee security center

Version :

Aff id :

McAfee virus scan

Version :

DAT :

McAfee Quick clean version :

Also , please run MVT from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com and provide us the session id

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community