Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 141 of 146

Re: Multiple copies of Quick CLean (Qcshm.exe) running

Jump to solution

Actually if all goes as planned, 15.1.R2 is indeed slated to be released the end of next week. As for a *Discount* on your renewal, if you purchase directly from McAfee. I always contacted them about 30 days before my expiry date and inquired about a discount.

I indeed was granted one, as I always purchased my subscription for 2 years, and it was cheaper than 1 year at *Auto Renewal*.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
brad_the_dad
Contributor
Message 142 of 146

Jump to solution

Today, I have no copies of QcShm.exe -- but I do have "stuck in update" for the past couple hours

smartcat
Contributor II
Message 143 of 146

Jump to solution

On March 2 one of my PCs was updated to 14.0 R13 ( before all 3 boxes had 14.0 R12). Install was cranky and I had to restart the PC and manually complete the deployment. So far I do not see any QcShm.exe instances running even after opening about form. On March 21 another 2 PCs were updated with same install issues but also after deploy I do not see QcShm.exe instances running.

I will keep my eyes open and update if some issue arise.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 144 of 146

Jump to solution

Thank you for your invaluable input. You can also expect yet another *Upgrade* latter part of the month to 15.1.R2.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
truffle
Contributor III
Message 145 of 146

Jump to solution

Just got the update to 14.0R13 and the quickclean issue is fixed.  BTW - My McAfee was bought from Dell.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 146 of 146

Jump to solution

Great !  Thank you for the input.

Glad that finally your issue is resolved. Since you are the OP and you have confirmed that this has been 'Answered Correctly'. I am closing this thread and 'Locking it'.

Anyone with a new issue, please start another discussion. I think this one *was a Record*!

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community