Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 121 of 146

Re: Multiple copies of Quick CLean (Qcshm.exe) running

Jump to solution

Is the multiple QcShm.exe bug the same as the stuck in update bug?  I am still getting stuck in update every few days, and am unable to open the Security Center without a reboot, on Windows 7 on two different PCs.

I was just updated to version 15.3.3079 of Security Center on one of the PCs.  Does this have any of the fixes?

Peacekeeper
Message 122 of 146

Jump to solution

Stuck on update could be part and parcel of the analytics issue but this I am unsure of. The Quickclean fix is less than a month away.

See if the update helped.

Have you run MVT to see if it finds any issue?

MVT

Peacekeeper
Message 123 of 146

Jump to solution

To see if the analytics fix is there check

quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 124 of 146

Jump to solution

I thought the analytics issue was only on Windows 10? 

I have not run MVT, but I have noticed other discussion threads having the same issue and MVT did not help them.

Peacekeeper
Message 125 of 146

Jump to solution

Analytics all operating systems just more 10 i assume as users more. Re MVT try ut but first check if issue still there after

update.

quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 126 of 146

Jump to solution

I have had the fixed Analytics (version 2.1.173.0) since mid February and still have the "stuck in update" issue.  Will monitor now after update to Security Center.

quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 127 of 146

Jump to solution

The "Stuck in update" problem occurred again today on both Windows 7 PCs.  Both were on Security Center version 15.3.3079.   I restarted both PCs, did a manual update, leaving the window open,  and both were updated to 15.3.3085.    So previous version did not fix this problem.

brad_the_dad
Contributor
Message 128 of 146

Jump to solution

besides the "Stuck in update", did you check your Task Manager (Processes for All Users) for the presence of multiple QcShm.exe processes?

would you do that ​ ?

and it would be great if you got a direct answer to your question about whether 15.3.3085 is supposed to already contain the fix for the multiple QcShm.exe processes issue?

would one of you do that?​ ? ​ ? ​ ?

thanks!

Peacekeeper
Message 129 of 146

Jump to solution

The fix is in a release being released next week I assume usual release to Au and Ko first week then US, Ca and Uk next and rest world after that. That was what we were told on Monday in our Mod call. Of course this dependent on no issues found with the release so do not take this as gospel till it happens.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 130 of 146

Jump to solution

It is my understanding that there will be a new Version/Build of *Quick Clean and Shredder* as well.

Of course that is if all comes to fruition as we have been told.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community