Thank you

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
andyross
Former Member
Message 22 of 50

Re: Mcafee Livesafe not opening, internet not working

Jump to solution

I had the exact same versions as you. Since uninstalling and letting it revert to Defender and the standard Windows firewall, I have had no outages so far.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 50

Jump to solution

​,

They are having issues with the 14.0.R12 Version/Build and are in the process of a (Fix). In addition the latter part of March the latest new (LAM) Version/Build 15.0R0/15.1.156 will once again begin to be slowly throttled out.

I have been running it without any issues whatsoever, as I obtained it back in October before they began *enhancing* Improving the (New) installer.  FAQs for light weight Antimalware (LAM

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 50

Jump to solution

I might add also, the reason I placed this discussion in the *Vulnerability Scanner* area, is your screenshot was indicative that it was the culprit for your updates/issues.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marceloros66
Contributor
Message 25 of 50

Jump to solution

Got the problem for the 3rd time, had to uninstall McAfee as 2 restarts did not help.
Waiting for an update here when the issue is solved.

Is Windows defender enough secure till then ?

Thanks.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 50

Jump to solution

What OS are you running? In Windows 10 it has Anti-Virus capabilities as well,unlike the prior versions. Having said this, it is my opinion that in comparison to your McAfee software. McAfee provides and offers far more protection.

Especially given the fact that Microsoft failed to provide/release their *Monthly* updates yesterday for the month of February. Which we are still left hanging, not knowing when they will release them. Due to a last minute glitch.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 50

Jump to solution

I would suggest to either install the *McAfee Cloud AV*, or install the *Consumer Beta Product* until this issue is rectified. The Consumer Beta is actually the 15.0R0/15.1.156 (Lam) if of course the (New) installer has been fixed.

Perhaps my Colleague Ex_Brit could further expand on the *McAfee Cloud AV* as he is a Moderator/administrator there.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marceloros66
Contributor
Message 28 of 50

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

From where should I download the Consumer Beta Product?

BTW I use Windows 10.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 29 of 50

Jump to solution

Either one will suffice and is far more superior that the basic *Windows Defender* , in my honest opinion. I will ask ​ to chime in. The only hindrance on Consumer Beta, is if the New Installer is still being enhanced?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 50

Jump to solution

I've sent you an invitation to join the private Consumer Beta Group.

Also read here: 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community