Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dianev
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

editing profile

Jump to solution

how come my real name is shown where it says "by ___ " next to the forum topic instead of my username? my username is not my real name.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Re: editing profile

Jump to solution

Actually that is a misconception, for only you should be capable of seeing that. Take for instance I can see (my) personal name. Where you should only be capable of seeing *Catdaddy*. Try logging out and view your post and see if there is a difference.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

12 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Actually that is a misconception, for only you should be capable of seeing that. Take for instance I can see (my) personal name. Where you should only be capable of seeing *Catdaddy*. Try logging out and view your post and see if there is a difference.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dianev
Former Member
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

after logging out and logging back in again, i can still see my real name posted under "author" of my posts, next to the forum topics followed by the word 'by', and on the discussion area just above my post (has the date on the right of my name). should say my preferred login name when i signed up, shouldnt it?

dianev
Former Member
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

also on the personal info dropdown box. nowhere does it say my login name. cant find it anywhere

In your profile  action edit details area and privacy area you should see this

that will show who can see what. When I post i see Peace keeper as I called me Peace first name keeper surname to stop seeing my actual name. You see Peacekeeper no space.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Logout and check the post does it say your chosen login name?

dianev
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

i edited my profile so that everyone could view my username and only i can see my real name.

PROFILE FIELDVISIBLE TO...DETAILS
Username:EveryoneXXXXXXXX
Name:
Email:Yourself

i logged out and in again but still cant see my username next to the post titles, etc. i would prefer to view my login name everywhere just like everyone else is supposed to see, not my real name as i am seeing.

can u peacemaker tell me what u see?

dianev
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

oops! sorry...peacekeeper lol

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

Dianev

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution
5.  Re: editing profile

dianev Level 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dianev
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

why cant i see it for myself? would rather see my username next to the posts and other places just like everyone else can. just used to it that way. never seen my real name at other forums, always my username..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community