cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johndelfino17
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

locked out of my phone

I need urgent helped. I have locked out my Samsung galaxy note 4 with the mcafee mobile protection. My samsung phone doesnt gave 3g/4g network but can connect to the wifi. However, before being locked out (due to taking out the sim card), I have turn the wifi off. I tried to unlock it with a pin but I couldnt (forgotten it). So what I did was to change the pin from my laptop via the mcafee website and when I try to unlock it with the new pin, it wouldnt unlock (probably it cannot connect to the mcafee server since it doesnt have any network). I then proceded to unlcok the phone and exhasuted my 10 attempts and now it is locked for an hour. What i did next was to remove the device from mobile security (unlink from the account) and now I dont know wat to do. I really need help. There are important data in that samsung phone.

4 Replies
johndelfino17
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: locked out of my phone

nvm. for some godly reason my phone connected somehow. I cant beleive it. its unlocked now.

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 5

Hi, 

Please let us know if you need any further help.

gregoryteamer
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

locked out of phone for security reasons 

what do i do?

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hello @gregoryteamer 

Please click on forgot your pin, you will have options to unlock by answering security questions, sending email, sending pin to buddy list. 

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community