cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllSitesNewName
Contributor II
Message 1 of 11

When is LiveSafe not necessarily LiveSafe????

I have McAfee LiveSafe.  My subscription confirms it.  I am in the UK and it is registered in the UK.  I have auto-renewal turned on.

According to McAfee,

What does McAfee LiveSafe cover?
McAfee LiveSafe is award-winning antivirus protection that defends against viruses, online threats, and ransomware with online and offline protection. It covers multiple features, such as:

Available when you’re enrolled in auto-renewal**, our secure VPN uses bank-grade AES 256-bit encryption to keep your browsing information and online habits protected at home and on-the-go.

... many more benefits...

**Free Benefits With Auto-Renewal:

For many qualifying product subscriptions McAfee offers additional benefits for free when you are enrolled in auto-renewal. You can check your eligibility for these benefits in your My Account page. Not all benefits are offered in all locations or for all product subscriptions. System Requirements apply. Turning off auto-renewal terminates your eligibility for these additional benefits.
Virus Protection Pledge (VPP): If we cannot remove a virus from your supported device we’ll refund you the amount you paid for your current term subscription. The refund does not apply to any damage or loss caused by a virus. You are responsible for backing up your data to prevent data loss. See terms here: mcafee.com/pledge.
Safe Connect VPN: You will receive free, unlimited access to our VPN wireless on supported devices.

But it doesn't, at least not on my PC.  The options that show on the video explaining how to start using the VPN are totally different to what mine shows.

2020-10-25.png2020-10-25 (1).png

Is this a regional thing? I got my information in italics from the UK version of the web site that was showing prices in pounds sterling.  The web site does not show more than one version of McAfee LiveSafe. 

My laptop is Windows 10 v2004, 16GB Ram, 215BG free drive space, 2.2GHz Processor, so it more than qualifies. The Internet Connection is 74.00 Mbps so it qualifies.

What is going on?

10 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: When is LiveSafe not necessarily LiveSafe????

Hi @AllSitesNewName 

Please let us know the version of McAfee installed and also try re-installing McAfee and let us know.

Regards

Magesh J

AllSitesNewName
Contributor II
Message 3 of 11

@Magesh How frustrating.  It won't let me copy and paste the information. On my laptop  It is Version 16, Release Name 16.0R28. Here are screen shots of the info, all combined to one.

On my Android phone and tablet it is Version 5.6.0.226 of McAfee Mobile Security, which shows me as having a Pro Subscription. I tried installing McAfee SafeConnect VPN, which took my account details then told me I had a minimal free usage and to pay if I wanted more.

I'll wait till you confirm that is the correct version before reinstalling, as it would be daft to reinstall then find I should have something different.

Clipboard.jpg

AllSitesNewName
Contributor II
Message 4 of 11

@Magesh

Anyone?

Why haven't I got VPN when I do have livesafe? 

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 11

Not available on Windows 7 and you need auto renewal activated for VPN to be available

see

VPN 

Either these apply to you?

AllSitesNewName
Contributor II
Message 6 of 11

Thanks for trying but no, they don't apply.

As I said in my original post, I'm using Windows 10 v2004 and my computer is way more than the required specification. Auto-renewal is on and confirmed, and I've got the latest version of mcafee Livesafe. I've read all of the instructions but don't have the option for VPN.

I don't have it in any of my Android devices either (which again exceed the requirements). 

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 11

Thanks missed the win 10 comment sorry.  Try repinging the mod or message him. the ping should would but I will ping another 1 as 2 heads better than 1

@Madhan  can you assist please if @Magesh  hasn't

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 11

Hello @AllSitesNewName 

We are sorry that VPN doesn't appear on the McAfee Console. Please let us know from where did you purchase McAfee. Is it through McAfee Website, retail shop or online?

Regards,
Madhan M

AllSitesNewName
Contributor II
Message 9 of 11

@Madhan @@Bought in the UK from the local physical store of Curry's PC World. Each time I have bought a new computer or mobile phone or tablet I've taken advantage of their special offer of a discount on a one year extension to McAfee Livesafe. Currently my subscription expires on 19 April 202

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 11

Thanks for the update @AllSitesNewName 

I've sent you a Private Message. Please check and respond.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community