Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjelson
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

What does this threat mean & how do I remove it

Hello,

A recent virus scan identified a medium threat called Artemis!sde07f8210bcd, see the attached screenshot.  Given the info listed in the about this threat, ignoring the threat seems inconsistent with the message that's delivered.  It seems like removing this threat from my Pixel 3 is the best option.  Can someone please explain this threat to me and how I can remove it from my phone?

Thanks

6 Replies
KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: What does this threat mean & how do I remove it

Hi @jjelson 

We certainly understand that you are getting a medium threat risk on your McAfee application.This threat can damage or encrypt files for ransom, it can direct you to fake website to get your account information and it can monitor your device and observe your activities.

In order to remove that threat, kindly follow the below steps:

Please open McAfee and tap the three lines at he top right corner, you will see an option called scan info.

Please tap on it and tap on update virus definition.

Once it is done check for the McAfee update as well and update to the latest version.

Once everything is up-to date. Kindly restart the device and run a scan in McAfee.

Please let us know if the issue still persist.

Regards,

Krithika S

jjelson
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi Krithika S,

I followed the steps that you mentioned and the problem still persists.  

Is there a way of removing the file?  And what do you suggest I do as a next step?

Thanks for your help,

Joe

jjelson
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Hello,

This is still an issue for me.  Does anyone have any other ideas to try?

KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 7

Hi @jjelson

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We need few more details. We kindly request you to contact McAfee Support by accessing the link below.

McAfee Support 

Regards,
Krithika S

jjelson
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi Krithika,

When I click the link there's a lot of options to choose from. What option should I select?

Thanks
KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

Hi @jjelson 

Kindly visit the link and choose product question and you will get an option to chat online please choose chat online and fill in all the required details and continue. A service number will be created and  you will get connected with a McAfee technician right away.

Regards,

Krithika S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community