Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6

Threat notification error - Mobile Security app

Jump to solution

I've been getting the following notification when the Mobile Security app runs an antivirus auto scan.

"Antivirus scan found new threats
No threats were found"

When I select the notification, the app opens on the threat list screen and says no detected threats.

I've run a full scan and no threats have been found.

I have two Samsung tablets and two Samsung phones and the same notification starting appearing on all the devices when the app was updated on the devices in the last day or so. 

The app version number is 6.6.0.581.

I was wondering if the notification text is wrong or is there a glitch with the app?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

Re: Threat notification error - Mobile Security app

Jump to solution

I spoke to McAfee customer support and after some investigation, they advised that the notification is normal.

The first part of the notification (Antivirus scan found new threats) indicates that a periodic antivirus scan has been completed.

The second part of the notification indicates whether any threats were identified. In my case, there are none because the notification says no threats were found.

I suggested they update the support information on their website to explain what the notification means and also change the wording of the notification in the next update to make it less confusing.

I also ran another antivirus product on all my affected devices and all were clear.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member 

Greetings from McAfee.

Due to the nature of issue, we have sent you a private message please reply to proceed further

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

ReadyToQuit
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

We are receiving the same message and it is distressing. It is annoying enough that McAfee hides settings, hides all specifics about events, making it impossible to identify what has happened and how to prevent reoccurrences. Now this, with no information and hidden answers on the forum?

Recently I was hacked and an email account that I have used for more than 20 years was blocked. No indication from McAfee that anything has happened.

Will someone please tell me what this message is about?! Am I hacked again?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

@ReadyToQuit, I contacted McAfee support yesterday and they couldn't provide a solution to the issue so they have escalated it to their next level support. Someone is supposed to contact me tomorrow to solve the problem. I'll post the outcome here.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I spoke to McAfee customer support and after some investigation, they advised that the notification is normal.

The first part of the notification (Antivirus scan found new threats) indicates that a periodic antivirus scan has been completed.

The second part of the notification indicates whether any threats were identified. In my case, there are none because the notification says no threats were found.

I suggested they update the support information on their website to explain what the notification means and also change the wording of the notification in the next update to make it less confusing.

I also ran another antivirus product on all my affected devices and all were clear.

MThead
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

I'm also receiving "Antivirus scan found new threats," followed by "no new threats were found." The message used to be something like "We ran a scan," followed by the results.

I, too, would appreciate an email from McAfee support 'to address the nature of this issue.'  Thanks. @GaneshR 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community