cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simage
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Mobile security vault video playback bug

Since there is no simple way to report bugs (not security issues) to McAfee and no replies on emails or generic reply via twitter I’ll try here:

Few updates ago the rotation of video playback in Media vault was broken. Now there is no option or way to rotate video to landscape while playback and thus rendering the playback useless.

Like the app does not recognise the phone rotation at all nor does it have an option to rotate the video or photo manually.

platform: IOS

version: latest

Mobile security (free) 

p.s. I tried reporting via built in option in IOS app but got template reply back that this is just feedback report not bug report.

2 Replies
KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mobile security vault video playback bug

Hi @simage 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I would like to know whether the screen rotation option is working when you are viewing the video in your device storage or when you are viewing the video on any social media platforms. 

If Yes, I would request you to move all the photos and videos in your McAfee vault to your device storage, reinstall the McAfee application, move back the media files to McAfee vault and check if is working.

If No, make sure the rotation option is enabled on the device settings or change the settings option by contacting your device manufacturer.

Please let us know, if the issue still persist.

Regards,

Krithika S

simage
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mobile security vault video playback bug

Screen rotation works in any other application. From Photos app to social media apps, YouTube, etc. Every other app has no problems except McAfee MS vault. Nor is the rotation locked in the system.

This bug has been present since at least last 2 updates. There was a long period where videos did not play at all in MMS (we discussed it with support, I sent debug logs, etc) and that was fixed but then the rotation stopped working.

Well that proposed "solution" is a thing I would like to avoid since it renders the "vault" useless if I put companies confidential material back to Photos and back in vault every few months (you proposed the same solution for the "videos not playing" bug and it did not solve anything).

So am I the only one with this problem?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community