Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanmugam-1984
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Mcafee USB Firewall

Hi,
I tried to use the USB Firewall. I downloaded it, when i tried to install i am getting the error message that "The application can only be installed on a U3 smart drive" :confused: Is there is any manual for installation send the link and help me how to use this software.
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

RE: Mcafee USB Firewall

What USB firewall? I'm not aware that such a product exists. Can you point to a link please?
BastiaanR
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I'm assuming you're referring to VirusScan USB (or whatever they call it these days).

As the error message indicates, this software can only be installed on USB sticks that are formatted according to the U3 standard. (Basically, it's a form of bootable USB stick).

You can purchase U3 USB sticks. Maybe it's also possible to format a USB stick yourself, and make it U3 compatible - I cannot make out for sure on the Wikipedia page if this is so. The Wikipedia page does give a link to a Launchpad Installer by Sandisk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U3
shanmugam-1984
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Dear Bastiaan,
The product Name is Virus Scan USB. Some other companies they mentioned as USB Firewall. As per your instruction i followed,now it is working.

Thanks

Regards
shanmugam.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Glad you are ok:)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Glad it's OK now. Just for clarification, there is no firewall included in this product.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community