cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aceraspire52018
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Security: Antivirus VPN DUTCH

McAfee Security: Antivirus VPN Google Play app locked me out my tablet. Alarm and personal numbers are the only telephone numbers allowed. So you can only type in alarm numbers. You can't unlock it. And always reads TABLET LOCKED (IMEI??????) THIS TABLET CAN NOT BE USED WITHOUT AUTHORISATION. Another thing... USB DEBUGGING is off so there no way of unlocking it from my laptop. And you can't unlock it by findmydevice.com. The cause appears to a apkmirror.com SAMSUNG app (malware) I installed. Immediate device lock.

I WANT TO UNLOCK THIS TABLET WITHOUT LOSING MY DATA

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!

Hints:                                                                                                                                            Mobile or Android managing or unlock apps. (NOT ONE APPLIES TO TABLET VERSION)  Google Play account delete this app from device. (LONG SEARCH FOR SETTINGS)      Attache to pc and use Powershell, command promt or regedit to unlock.                  Manage device with McAfee account. (Even business app and server settings)        Attach to other ANDROID device by USB-C and unlock.                                                    Turn off device security in some way.                                                                              USE MAGIC.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

1 Reply
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Security: Antivirus VPN DUTCH

Hi @aceraspire52018 ,

Greetings from Mcafee,

We are sorry  to hear that tablet was locked and unable to use it , it seems like issue is related to Google Play store , so we recommend to contact the tablet manufacturer to resolve the issue .

Regards

Nagesh G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community