Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1 of 8

McAfee Mobile Security Disabled

Hi there,

We are running the 'free' version of McAfee Mobile Security on Tablets that are on a private APN that has no acccess to the internet, every so often the software 'appears' to disable itself and subsequently allows the end user to make system / device changes.

Is the software disabling due to the fact there is no internet connection on the device, or is there any other reason that the software is being disabled.

7 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee Mobile Security Disabled

Hello @Former Member 

It seems McAfee permission issue, and I may have to escalate the case, may I know the make &model of your device, OS version, McAfee version installed in your phone?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8

@muthu_ganesh

Thanks for the prompt response.

We are using Samsung Galaxy Tablet A6 - Model SM-T285

OS - Android Lollipop (5.1.1)

McAfee Mobile Security - 5.0.0.1442

Regards

Duncan

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Former Member

It is recommended that the devices are connected to the Internet, reason is that Virus definitions update happen only when you connect to the internet. 

I'd suggest you re-install the Security App from PlayStore and see if it resolves the problem

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

Hi @selvan

I know that the devices require access to the internet to update the definitions, however whilst on our private APN this is not currently possible.

We update the tablets periodically and when doing so also update the definitions so that they aren't too far out of date.

The query was, due to the fact that they don't have constant internet connectivity, is this causing the software to become disbaled due to the definitions being too old?

Regards

Duncan

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 8

Hello @Former Member 

I will have this checked with my developing team to know more about this issue. And will keep this post updated as soon as we have logs from your devicve. Can you follow the below steps to provide us more logs. 

1. Open McAfee Security on device

2. Tap the top bar 10 times with-in 20 seconds.

3. Scan to start logging activity (Toaster Message) "Logging enabled"

4. Run the scan/record the issue.

5. Tap the bar 10 times to Stop the logging

6. (Toaster message) Logging stopped  

And also please respnd in private message where I have asked for the the IMEI number &virus definition version.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8

Hi @muthu_ganesh

The enable logging doesn't appear to work when i try your method below.

The Definition file currently on the device is 5.0.3_26.361.613 and is dated 18/07/2018.

As for the IMEI number of the device - i will PM you that info.

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Hello @Former Member 

Please update McAfee from playstore, if shows no update available then please reinstall and let us know the outcome. The latest version of McAfee mobile security is 5.0.2.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community