cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FtheVAULT
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Identity Protection

I received an email from McAfee consumer support, the morning of December 8th at 10:30am, in regards to an alleged support request: 1 - 87892911 which was in regards to "not getting verification code to add mobile number to IDPS". Thte support request email gave specific instructions on how to complete the above request  {##300000370283393##}. I then received another email immediately following the first email, stating that the same service request number listed above, has been resolved. I, nor anybody under my account did not submit this service request in regards to getting access to my identity protection account. I contacted McAfee immediately at 11:36am and opened my own service request #1-90916621, and I asked who was the individual that opened up the service requests stated above. I was told it was in an individual by the name *Zaire Balaman*. I was asked if I knew this individual to which I said absolutely not' and I said it doesn't matter even if I did, another person should not be able to request changes for my account especially for MY IDPS. This person was requesting access to my identity protection and to this point, and I am still unsure whether McAfee gave him access. The customer service representative then stated that he is sorry for the miscommunication but this was over a month ago. I said this is not a miscommunication on my end and the fact that it happened over a month ago and I'm just receiving the emails now makes it even worse. They refused to answer my question if they gave him access and I was told I would receive a call from an escalated Tier 2 support team member immediately, at which point the customer service representative in the chat abruptly ended the chat before answering my one question: What they did for this individual and did they give them access to my account.  I received no call on December 8th, an I even called later in the day and waited on hold for almost 30 minutes. Then again, on December 9th around 9:00 PM I tried to open up a service request in the web page that would not load even though other people were loading the page who were right next to me, and then even used the same device but just signed into a different account other than mine, and got a request opened!. I then called waiting on hold for over 30 minutes and the woman I spoke to said that she would be right back and she spoke to a Tier 2 member and that he was very sorry about not getting back to me, and would call me back within an hour I started the urgency in this request and she assured me I would receive a call back within an hour. I've yet to receive a call back now 6 hours later and it has been about 48 hours since I was told somebody may have gained access to my identity protection and a McAfee employee might have assisted in doing so. I will be switching antivirus protection for my family, as well as my business after this fiasco. Such a shame they don't care about their customer's identity protection...

1 Reply
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 2

Re: Identity Protection

Hi @FtheVAULT ,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will have this checked immediately and keep you posted. 

Regards,

Kumar

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community