Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidsf
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Can't completely uninstall VirusScan from Q9h

Hi,
I can't completely uninstall VirusScan from my Motorola Q9h (Global) smartphone. What I mean by this is I uninstalled it the usual way, but I am still periodically being asked "Do you want to update Virusscan?" and "Do you want to start scanning?", so apparently it's still installed somewhere even though I can't see it from the remove programs list. How do I get rid of these messages?

thanks,
David
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Can't completely uninstall VirusScan from Q9h

It's a long weekend so I doubt that anyone "in the know" will be looking in here for a while. You might want to take advantage of the free 24/7 Technical Support Chat, top left of this page or linked in my signature.
Disable all pop-up blockers or it wont work.

If they can't help please post back and I'll flag the issue for further attention.
esparzatj
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Removing VirusScan Mobile from my Moto Q9h!!!

I have a Moto Q 9h Global and wanted to remove the VirusScan Mobile, too. After looking a various posts on ATT & McAfee, I remove mine successfully.

First, I opened the VirusScan Mobile and stopped both the Real-time & Message Scans services by unchecking the boxes under Scan Options.

Then I when the Settings\Remove Programs, and selected the McAfee VirusScan Mobile and selected the Remove option under Menu.

I restarted my phone and checked under Tasks...the VirusScan was not listed!

I even checked the registry under HKLM/Software/McAfee, but no McAfee folder existed!
The only thing remaining was a unassociated shortcut on my main screen, but that was eliminated by opening up several programs under it pushing it off of my menu! grin
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

RE: Removing VirusScan Mobile from my Moto Q9h!!!

Thanks for posting but this is a rather old thread. I've posted a sticky on removing VSM at the top of this forum: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=222256
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community