Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jagiine
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Auto-Lock and GPS

Jump to solution

If i turn on auto-lock (which locks my phone when network connection is lost or the SIM is removed), will that lock the screen over my map app every time I drive out of service during a road trip, or is there an exception in the program for maps to ensure safe driving?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Auto-Lock and GPS

Jump to solution

Hello @Jagiine 

Auto Lock feature works when network connection is lost or the SIM is removed. This feature will lock the phone and you can't access anything, unless you enter the PIN that you've setup with McAfee Mobile Security.

McAfee doesn't have an option where you can add exceptions for this feature. This feature can be turned Off and it wont auto lock the phone when there is a bad network connection or SIM is removed. 

Please follow this McAfee Article for more information.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Auto-Lock and GPS

Jump to solution

Hello @Jagiine 

Auto Lock feature works when network connection is lost or the SIM is removed. This feature will lock the phone and you can't access anything, unless you enter the PIN that you've setup with McAfee Mobile Security.

McAfee doesn't have an option where you can add exceptions for this feature. This feature can be turned Off and it wont auto lock the phone when there is a bad network connection or SIM is removed. 

Please follow this McAfee Article for more information.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community