cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimyel
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Mc Afee Safe Connect unable to connect (No VPN)

I had Mc Afee Safe Connect (MASC) for long time. it was working perfectly until 4 days ago.  It stop connecting well to the VPN for both my ipad and iphone.  i deleted the VPN profile of the MASC from my iphone and ipad, uninstall, reinstall and activate my account, and i am unable completely to connect to VPN.  It does not ask me to create a VPN profile, and it does not connect. it keep mentioning "oops something went wrong". Does anyone has the same problem? can you help me to reinstall a VPN profil or find another solution to make the MASC VPN work? thanks

4 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mc Afee Safe Connect unable to connect (No VPN)

Hi @Dimyel 

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know the Safe connect version installed on the iphone and ipad. 

Also let us know the below info so that we will take it further in resolving your issue. 

Have you tried re installing the App?

Have you checked in alternate devices like an android or any other ios devices?

let us know if any other VPN app installed on the devices. Was there any recent OS updates installed on your iphone and ipad. 

Thanks, 

Dimyel
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi.
The version is the most updated one. I downloaded it the last version from the App Store yesterday.
Version is 2.12.0

- Yes i tried re installing the app... still not working.

- i just tried on my old iphone 6. the app was already installed. same! not working

- i have the Mc Afee Mobile Security install on all my ios, it is wroking perfectly. no other VPN app.

- yes i updated my iOS software few days ago, when the new software of iOS was release. i am now on version 14.7.1

Thanks for your support.
Dimyel
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I discover something new:

i have downloaded another VPN app temporary. It has created a VPN profile for this app.

During this VPN was active, i entered the Mc Afee Safe Connect app, and i run the VPN... it has requested to install the VPN profile for the MASC, and it connected to the VPN of MASC.

I tried to do the same while the VPN app was disconnected. It is impossible to connect MASC to the VPN.
Val0501
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

Mine has neveer worked since I purchased it from the free trial. The free trial worked perfectly for websites, after I paid it hasn't worked ONE time! Very frustrating considering their customer service is horrible. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community