Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piquis1
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

MS block virus and malware?

Jump to solution

Hi, when I googled for something to buy online and it was a legitimate website, then a pop-notification was not sure if was from apple something about a potential malware there was no link, closed the window then a notification was received unsafe and malicious website recommend do not use this site, then pulled the browser history and noticed the same website where I got the first notice then follow by another website was listed. For both website I did not searched or typed. In the list it showed what I have searched for and then the other ones I didn't. I'm worried that I have might click and gone to the malicious website with out notice. I have the total protection. Is this enough to protect my phone? Do McAfee only alert you about malicious sites or they block them as well. My VPN was on all the time. Anytime my phone is scan it will remove any virus or malware that might be in my phone. My other question is, I have to scan my phone every time I go out on the web? Or is a way the application can do it? Thank you so much for taking time to read and answer my questions. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: MS block virus and malware?

Jump to solution

Hello @Piquis1 

Since you were mentioning about Apple, I assume you have an Apple device[iPhone or iPad] and Yes, McAfee will alert you if you go to any suspicious website. When you are alerted, please don't access the site and also make sure you remove it from History.

McAfee for iPhone and iPad doesn't have a feature to scan for virus or malware as its designed in such a way that it wont be affected by any viruses or malware. It has other security features where it will let you know and also block risky or suspicious sites, Track your mobile, Backup Photos etc.

iPhone & iPad that runs on iOS is designed to restrict apps from negatively impacting system security, stability, and user data. For example, all iOS apps are checked for malicious content and behavior, and signed and verified by Apple before being uploaded to the Apple App Store. So, apps that you download from the App Store have already been thoroughly screened to protect your device and data. 

iOS also uses a technique called 'Sandboxing' where apps are only granted access to their own data and resources, and are prevented from accessing data and resources of the operating system or other apps. This access makes sure that any issues that occur while running the app can't affect other apps that are installed or running on the device. For example, if an iOS app crashes, only that app is affected, and your device continues to work without issue.

Because of the security measures implemented in iOS, it is not necessary to scan the device for viruses and malware with McAfee Mobile Security. You can run apps on your iOS devices without undue fear of viruses, malware, or other unauthorized attacks.  

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Help_Everyone
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

McAfee will alert and block the page from you accessing the malicious content. You can bypass if you want and access the page. There is something called scheduled scan where you can schedule a scan everyday but it doesn't have an option to scan the entire phone when you come out of a website or an app.

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @Piquis1 

Since you were mentioning about Apple, I assume you have an Apple device[iPhone or iPad] and Yes, McAfee will alert you if you go to any suspicious website. When you are alerted, please don't access the site and also make sure you remove it from History.

McAfee for iPhone and iPad doesn't have a feature to scan for virus or malware as its designed in such a way that it wont be affected by any viruses or malware. It has other security features where it will let you know and also block risky or suspicious sites, Track your mobile, Backup Photos etc.

iPhone & iPad that runs on iOS is designed to restrict apps from negatively impacting system security, stability, and user data. For example, all iOS apps are checked for malicious content and behavior, and signed and verified by Apple before being uploaded to the Apple App Store. So, apps that you download from the App Store have already been thoroughly screened to protect your device and data. 

iOS also uses a technique called 'Sandboxing' where apps are only granted access to their own data and resources, and are prevented from accessing data and resources of the operating system or other apps. This access makes sure that any issues that occur while running the app can't affect other apps that are installed or running on the device. For example, if an iOS app crashes, only that app is affected, and your device continues to work without issue.

Because of the security measures implemented in iOS, it is not necessary to scan the device for viruses and malware with McAfee Mobile Security. You can run apps on your iOS devices without undue fear of viruses, malware, or other unauthorized attacks.  

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community