cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimborooski
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

VShieldScanner - where is it?

I am getting a pop up window from McAfee stating that I need to give access for files in Mac settings.  When I go to the settings in System Preferences three of the four files they are asking for are listed.  But not the VShieldScanner.  How do I get the VShieldScanner to appear in the list? 

Thanks in advance for your assistance. 

3 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 4

Re: VShieldScanner - where is it?

Hi @Jimborooski 

Greetings from McAfee!

Full Disk Access is a security feature in macOS Big Sur that requires apps to be given permission before they can access all files on your Mac. Kindly refer the below article for complete details.

How to grant Full Disk Access for real-time scans on macOS

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

Jimborooski
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I followed the article “ How to grant Full Disk Access for real-time sans on macOS”, but VShieldScanner is not listed among the rest.  How do I get VShieldScanner to show up in the list? 

Also, you stated to contact the chat support using the link below.  I clicked on McAffes Support  and got a message that the page’s address isn’t valid.  How do I get to a place where I can chat?

Thank you for any help you might provide.

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Jimborooski 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community