Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soumikbi
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Updates not Working on LiveSafe Post Update to MacOS Big Sur

Jump to solution

I recently upgraded my MacBook Pro to macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 (automatic upgrade). After that, my updates do not work, and I repeatedly get the message "Your Protection is Out of Date". When I click to run Update, it simply stops after say 10 minutes and the message reappears.

I have verified that LiveSafe components specified have been granted full disk access. What else I need to do? Should I uninstall and reinstall once again?

Is this a bug in Livesafe?

McAfee Livesafe 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Updates not Working on LiveSafe Post Update to MacOS Big Sur

Jump to solution

Hello @soumikbi 

Kindly try re installing the application  and check the McAfee version (4.10.1) installed on the device and update us the outcome. 

Once the app is re installed McAfee firewall will not be inlcuded in the Livesafe. We are working as fast as we can to include the firewall in the bulid version.

Kindly acccess the below articles that has information on this. 

How to keep your McAfee security up to date 

Firewall not available in McAfee security on Mac OS BigSur 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello @soumikbi 

Kindly try re installing the application  and check the McAfee version (4.10.1) installed on the device and update us the outcome. 

Once the app is re installed McAfee firewall will not be inlcuded in the Livesafe. We are working as fast as we can to include the firewall in the bulid version.

Kindly acccess the below articles that has information on this. 

How to keep your McAfee security up to date 

Firewall not available in McAfee security on Mac OS BigSur 

Thanks,

soumikbi
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, that worked!

McAfee Livesafe 

ShaneCR
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Can we please have an update on this issue?  We were able to find a way to fix the firewall but now every time we have updates it has an error message saying error while updating.  so every week 1 time a week we have to uninstall and reinstall to make sure we are fully protected.  This is very tiring and we would like to know that SOMETHING is being done since February 2021 to fix this issue.  

static137
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Same issue here, updates fail to install... support chat said it's a known issue yesterday and a fix is incoming any day now... based on finding this support thread I am wondering if McAfee is serious about it's Mac customers? This issue goes back to the beginning of the year!!!

FRobert616
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, updates continue to fail, the firewall is not working, and had to switch out of night mode due to an empty McAfee display box appearing every few minutes. Also have Big Sur. 

kwong
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Same here, seems lot of issue since upgrade to Big Sur. 

3Nick
Contributor III
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

It’s the end of August and the same issue still exists. Does anyone care at Mcafee???

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community