Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3Nick
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Livesafe for Mac installer keeps downloading verion 4.10 instead of 4.11

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a Livesafe subscription and tried to install the app on my Macbook Air (early 2014, Intel Core i5 running BigSur 11.5.2). Unfortunately the online installer mcafee-macinstaller-3.3.dmg keeps downloading version 4.10 instead of the current 4.11 version when I use the activation codes provided by my account. On the other hand, if I use an activation code from another account (I tried a code generated from my brother's internet security subscription), the same installer downloads version 4.11 on the same machine!

Can somenone tell me why that's happening? What should I do to get an activation code that will let me install the current version from my account? Until I manage to do that, I practically have no protection, as 4.10 is not compatible with BigSur and I can't update the app (the DAT file is dated back to November 2020).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3Nick
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Re: McAfee Livesafe for Mac installer keeps downloading verion 4.10 instead of 4.11

Jump to solution
I just had a one-hour callback from Mcafee support. The agent managed to solve the issue by exchanging my subscription with a new one. It turned out that there was a problem with the codes that would be generated during the install that made the installer always pull the old version.

Problem solved now. Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Livesafe for Mac installer keeps downloading verion 4.10 instead of 4.11

Jump to solution

Hi @3Nick 

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly ensure operating system is up to date and perform reinstallation using below article.

Download and install McAfee consumer products.

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for technical assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

3Nick
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @Sudharsanam_G1 

Thanks for your reply. I have contacted customer support but they couldn't provide a solution either. So, currently I am waiting for a callback as the issue was escalated. The representative mentioned that it can't be a problem with my subscription but the results indicate otherwise since I get the correct version when I use an activation code generated from my brother's account and the old version when I use a code generated from my account. It's weird, I know but that's the case.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

3Nick
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution
I just had a one-hour callback from Mcafee support. The agent managed to solve the issue by exchanging my subscription with a new one. It turned out that there was a problem with the codes that would be generated during the install that made the installer always pull the old version.

Problem solved now. Thank you!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community