Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randor10
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Livesafe crashes whenever I use the menubar

Jump to solution

I am editing video which does not have viruses and does not need realtime scanning.  It just slows everything down.  When I click on the McAfee icon and select Total Protection Console... it immediately crashes and I get the OSX Problem report.  It doesn't matter which of the two McAfee menu items I click on I get the same crash.  This means I cannot control any aspect of the product, such as turning off realtime scanning.  I've pasted the crash report below.  In the meantime I'll figure away of preventing this fine product from starting when I reboot.

Process:               McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security [50335]
Path:                  /Applications/McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security.app/Contents/MacOS/McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security
Identifier:            com.mcafee.console
Version:               4.5.7 (4.5.7)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security [50335]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2018-12-12 15:43:50.195 -0800
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.2 (18C54)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        C9827374-3B88-1916-F657-DFCB11D4C10F

Time Awake Since Boot: 250000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: disabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::archive::archive_exception: input stream error

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Livesafe crashes whenever I use the menubar

Jump to solution

Hi @Randor10

It looks like McAfee got corrupted and doesnt open up. It may be because of the updates that wasn't installed properly. We need to reinstall McAfee and it will get fixed.

To uninstall McAfee, please follow these steps,

1. Go to Applications and open McAfee Total Protection uninstaller and uninstall it

2. Please follow this KB article for reinstallation.

KB Article - https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-CA&articleId=TS100342

Post reinstallation, open McAfee console and check if it works fine and update us the status.

Thanks,

Madhan M

**If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Livesafe crashes whenever I use the menubar

Jump to solution

Hi @Randor10

It looks like McAfee got corrupted and doesnt open up. It may be because of the updates that wasn't installed properly. We need to reinstall McAfee and it will get fixed.

To uninstall McAfee, please follow these steps,

1. Go to Applications and open McAfee Total Protection uninstaller and uninstall it

2. Please follow this KB article for reinstallation.

KB Article - https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-CA&articleId=TS100342

Post reinstallation, open McAfee console and check if it works fine and update us the status.

Thanks,

Madhan M

**If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate**

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community