cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaye1
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

LiveSafe not working on macOS monteray system

I have seen a post about this same problem a year ago. Why has this not been resolved. Once I did the new system update on my Apple Imac to the new monteray update, livesafe will not connect to the firewall and automatic scans. 

I tried reinstalling and now when I try to put in the serial number. It won't allow me to type anything into the box or paste. Currently got the mac firewall on. If this is not resolved asap, I want a refund for the remaining time left of the subscription and that is up to May. 

4 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Liveupdate not working on macOS monteray system

Hi @Kaye1,

We request you to follow the article below on how to install McAfee on your Mac OS Monterey.

FAQs for McAfee security software and Apple macOS 12 (Monterey) 

If the issue still persists, we request you to help us with the details below to assist you further on this.

1. OS Version and its version on your device.
2. Processor in your device.
3. Do you have rosetta 2 installed on your device.

Thanks,
Avinash.

Kaye1
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

Re: LiveSafe not working on macOS monteray system

Hello Avinash,

I managed to reinstall, but annoyingly it still won't connect to the firewall. 

The OS version is 12.1 mac OS monteray 

Processor is: 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 

No don't have Rosetta 2 installed

Many Thanks 

Kaye1
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

Not very good, haven't had a reply back since Sunday. Is this going to be resolved, paid for a subscription up until May. But it's not fully working, I'm using the apple firewall instead of the mcafee firewall. I'm afraid will be using another antivirus provider in May. 

AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Kaye1,

I am truly sorry for the delay in response, I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further with the issue.

Thanks,
Avinash.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community