cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 13

Re: Internet Security For Mac - Unable to install - Other Application Protection Software Incompatible?

Jump to solution

As this is about the consumer product I moved the thread out of Business to Consumer > Mac Products.   Also this thread is very old.   Technical Support is available free of charge by phone or online chat and linked below.

That may be the best way to go for support as very few of us use MAC's.  One thing I do know is that MAC's are susceptible to infection and Little Snitch, while useful, can hardly be compared with the comprehensive protection afforded by this suite.

It most likely interferes with the way security software works, but Technical Support might know better than I on that score.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

jrconcept
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Re: Internet Security For Mac - Unable to install - Other Application Protection Software Incompatib

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue FIVE YEARS LATERS. To your point, yes Mac are susceptible to viruses and Little Snitch (LS) isn’t much help, but these two products serve a very different purpose. One does not replace the other! 

There are a plenty of others antivirus products that do not suffer from this hard-stop incompatibility with Little Snitch. I am pushing because I do think McAfee has a pedigree and I already purchased the license (I also purchased LS)… so I’m stuck. LS is a widely used tool for Mac users, as it has been for decades.

Has there been any updates that resolve this issue?

morrissey007
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Re: Internet Security For Mac - Unable to install - Other Application Protection Software Incompatib

Jump to solution

I solved this. Here's how to fix it, permanently. Remove Little snitch completely (but don't remove your rules - its an option in LS uninstaller) . Then do the Install Mcafee, set it all up (disabling mac firewall and enabling Mcafee's firewall). Once the install is finished reboot your Mac. THEN install Little snitch and all works fine. hope that helps...I just did exactly this and all works well.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community