Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
be_ble
Contributor II
Message 1 of 10

Cannot turn on Firewall

Jump to solution

I constantly have an alert up saying my firewall needs to be turned on. However, when I click on "turn on firewall" it simply refreshes and the alert appears again. I read other posts on similar problems and a suggested solution was to uninstall then reinstall the program - I have tried that, but it hasn't worked.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 10

Re: Cannot turn on Firewall

Jump to solution

Hi @be_ble 

Please refer the below article that has more information on how to enable McAfee Firewall. 

How to grant permissions to enable McAfee Firewall in macOS Catalina and Big Sur 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @be_ble ,

Can you please check and confirm if you have any other firewall installed, which may conflict with McAfee also share us the OS and Mcafee version which can be found on the about tab.

Regards,
Rajiv S

be_ble
Contributor II
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply! It does not look like I have another firewall installed. The OS is macOS Catalina 10.15.7, and it is McAfee LiveSafe version 4.11.1.0

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @be_ble 

Please refer the below article that has more information on how to enable McAfee Firewall. 

How to grant permissions to enable McAfee Firewall in macOS Catalina and Big Sur 

Thanks,

be_ble
Contributor II
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you! Following this step by step worked.

jasonjeff
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Nothing to worry buddy, its not a big issue, just follow the tips shared by the community member. It solved my problem and I suggest you to go through it once applinked

mygroundmode
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution
Click the Services tab of the Task Manager window, then click Open Services at the bottom. In the window that opens, scroll to Windows Firewall and double-click it. Select Automatic from the Startup type dropdown menu. Next, click OK and restart your PC to refresh the firewall.
DEJ71
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi, since upgrading to MacOS Big Sur 11.6.5 the firewall wont turn on.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Total Protection 4.13.0.0 several times, ran all updates, ensured Full Disk Access permissions are set correctly, but yet the firewall will not turn on.

Anyone else haveing this same problem and does anyone know what the answer is?

Thank you in advance for any help.

tinnallen
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

good information over here, Thanks for sharing the info. McDVOICE

paygonline
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

I am grateful for your response. It would appear that I do not have another firewall application installed. The operating system is known as macOS Catalina 10.15.7, and the version of McAfee LiveSafe installed is 4.11.1.0.

PayGOnline Login

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community