Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robsoti
Contributor
Message 31 of 35

Re: McAfee File Lock Blocked by Group Policy

Probably my last  post till next week.

I noted that I could do a manual update today without difficulty. Noted that the previous virus definition directory was named 7510. A new one was created named 7514. I don't know if it is normal behavior  to have both directories there.

As I went down the navigation menu, I noted the following:

Quick Clean creates a blank window in the McAfee GUI

File Lock does  not generate anything

Security History does not generate anything

Security Report does not generate anything

About does not generate anything.

Except for Quick Clean (does it still not like Chrome...I am using Chrome at the moment) and file lock (which seems to be a group policy issue), do all the others depend on an external window to McAfee? Would there be an issue with flash player or something like that?

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 32 of 35

Hi robsoti,

If anything weird happens to McAfee UI first thing I would check is Jscript and Internet Explorer. You can try Resetting IE and Re-installing MS Visual C++ 2010.

Check GUI if it functions normal.

robsoti
Contributor
Message 33 of 35

I use chrome because IE looked unstable. Sure enough, it doesn't even show up in the uninstall programs list. I reset IE but to no avail.

robsoti
Contributor
Message 34 of 35

Yes looks like I messed things up again. I updated JAVA to latest version.

IE still looked sluggish and always opens up with a message saying that some program has corrupted the search engine and that it is defaulting to bing.

I went to the Programs/Features to uninstall/reinstall IE8. When I clicked on it, it just disappeared. No messages. No nothing. Good thing I got chrome. Good thing the McAfee udpated (manually) tonight. Nothing going right on this machine.

robsoti
Contributor
Message 35 of 35

McAfee on laptop is still doing updates, scans, and other basic things necessary for antivirus. Gui interfaces have not changed. I may just close this post, since it is running in a basic mode. I use Chrome, so I am not going to update IE just this moment. Takes too much time (slow DSL) and I do have a day job. Not sure what is going on.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community