Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wadhwani
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

white rectangle

Hi,

How do i fix this issue: " iget a white blank rectangle when i click on  the mcafee icon in the task bar next to the clock or when I start the application from under start->programs". I have seen some solution posted to this question, but since I have not bben able to find my CD am not comfortable uninstalling Mcaffe. Can someone please help?

thanks

dinesh

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: white rectangle

What operating system and service pack are you using and what version of Internet Explorer is installed, whether or not you use it?

If your have a beta version of Internet explorer installed uninstall it immediately and install the latest version for your system, IE9 for Windows 7 or Vista and IE8 for XP.

SecurityCenter is an actual IE page and depends on a working broswer set to its default settings.  However it is fine if you wish to use an other browser as your default.

FYI: You can always download a fresh copy of the software from your online account.

Just sign in:   https://home.mcafee.com/root/myaccount.aspx

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/01/12 7:13:00 EST AM
keiooz
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: white rectangle

I also encountered the same problem. I actually follow the suggestion you have. I upgraded my IE browser to 9 and have set it as a default browser. Works brilliant. Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community