cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sawnderz
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

"Your computer is at risk" Real-Time Scanning keeps turning off

If I go to turn it on, it turns back off either instantly or within a few seconds.

Any suggestions on what I might need to look into?

I've had this problem since I got McAfee along with my laptop, late last year.

Sometimes, I think Real Time Scanning is still functioning as a warning page will pop up if I browse onto certain websites, but I can't be sure.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: "Your computer is at risk" Real-Time Scanning keeps turning off

That last warning is caused by McAfee WebAdvisor which is a browser add-on designed to make surfing safer.

Regarding the real-time scanning perhaps if you ran the Virtual Technician it might find and fix whatever is wrong:  https://mvt.mcafee.com/

If it can't fix something then I suggest going to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstalling all McAfee products.

Reboot if asked.

Run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR), reboot.

Reinstall from your online account.

If troubles persists then contact Technical Support, it's free of charge by phone or online chat and linked on the lower part of the Virtual Technician page

(see "Contact Support").

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community