Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reichmaj
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Your computer might be at risk -- Windows 7

Jump to solution

McAfee Forum

Lately when I restart my laptop (Lenovo T430, Windows & 64x) I receive a "Your computer might be at risk" dialog/ notification - every time. After clicking Check Status, everything on the Anitvirus Dialog page seems fine with the exception that it appears McAfee has initiated a scan (see attachment).  Is it possible that I might be shutting down before the scan has completed; how do i know how far the scan has completed?.  This pop up is rather annoying.

Jeff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Your computer might be at risk -- Windows 7

Jump to solution

It's Real-Time Scanning   (the active protection) that is trying to start up and obviously isn't succeeding....assuming that windows stays with that gray bar at the top for a long time.

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it will find and fix things:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If not try Uninstalling everything via Control Panel > Programs

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and reinstall from the online account.

If all that fails, contact Technical Support.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top oif this page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

It's Real-Time Scanning   (the active protection) that is trying to start up and obviously isn't succeeding....assuming that windows stays with that gray bar at the top for a long time.

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it will find and fix things:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If not try Uninstalling everything via Control Panel > Programs

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and reinstall from the online account.

If all that fails, contact Technical Support.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top oif this page.

reichmaj
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I just uninstalled and ran the clean toll - problem appears fixed - thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it.  Good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community