Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonyqian
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

Windows Security Center says McAfee snoozed after a check for updates

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 with the latest update. I have just installed McAfee AntiVirus (version number: 16.0; release name: 16.0 R34). I noticed that when a update check completed, I got a notification from Windows Security Center saying that McAfee is snoozed (see screenshot below)

Screenshot 1.png

I checked the Task Manager and noticed that the McAfee process was not terminated and seemed to be running normally (see the screenshot below). So McAfee might not have been turned off.

Screenshot 2.png

I then opened Windows Security Center and found that both Windows Defender and McAfee were shown to be in a closed status (see the screenshot below).

Screenshot 3.png

I think it might be a bug and a fix is needed.

Thanks,

Anthony

3 Replies
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Manual Update caused McAfee service to shut down

Hello @anthonyqian ,

We appologize for the inconvenience, we would suggest you to perform a reinstallation in a different user profile and check the issue status, as you mentioned shut down after Manual update is peculiar issue. Kindly follow the below article for steps of reinstallation.

How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

How to prepare a Windows PC to install McAfee products

If in case you have any queries please do contact out support using this link.

Regards,
Rajiv S

Regards,
Rajiv S

anthonyqian
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Rajiv_s1 ,

Thanks for your response. I reinstalled McAfee using a different installation package (Affid: 0), and everything seems to be working OK for now. It might be due to problematic installation and initial update process. 

[Update] This issue persists. Every time McAfee checks for updates, whether manually or automatically, the alert from Windows Security Center will appear. However, I don't think McAfee services have been shut down, because it still can scan for threats. Might be communication issue with Windows Security Center?🤔

Thanks,

Anthony

anthonyqian
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community