cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyushiNM
Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Windows HVCI Mode

Hi! Every time I open McAfee Security Scan Plus, I get the error that it is not enabled when Windows 10 HVCI mode is enabled. I have turned off the HVCI mode and re-installed Security Scan Plus, but I'm still getting the same error. I haven't been able to scan my PC for the past few months, and I have a premium subscription that is going all waste. Can you please look into this ASAP and help me sort the issue? Thanks!

28 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 29

Re: Windows HVCI Mode

Hi @AyushiNM,

Greetings From McAfee.

McAfee Security Scan Plus is a free diagnostic tool that makes sure you’re protected by actively checking your computer for up-to-date antivirus, firewall, and web security software.
Security Scan Plus queries the Windows Security Center for information about your installed security software. Some security products don’t immediately report the updated status. Wait a few minutes and then run the scan again. If your computer is still at risk, your antivirus or firewall product might have other problems.

Please confirm whether you have installed McAfee Livesafe Antivirus Program on the computer.

For more information, kindly refer our article TS100342 to download McAfee software.

Alternatively, you may also contact our chat support by clicking on the below link.

McAfee Chat Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

John_D
Contributor II
Message 3 of 29

Same here - never saw it before today, but it did pop up and I don't know why. No configurations were changed [Paid and current version of McAfee LiveSafe]

Lou2
Contributor II
Message 4 of 29

Same problem with me except I never had Windows 10 on my new pc.  I have Windows 11 that was installed at the factory.

Lou2
Contributor II
Message 5 of 29

Is there  anyone at Mcafee that can answer this question?

Contato01
Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Hi! I've been having the same issue and haven't got a straight answer... I used to have McAfee LifeSafe, but unistalled it to get Total Protection because I have a subscription. The Samsung notebook is new and it never had Windows 10.  I have Windows 11 that was installed at the factory.

Can you help?

Lou2
Contributor II
Message 7 of 29

Well I talked to a McAfee person on the phone and she said that I don’t need that free app because McAfee scans for security risks and that I should delete this app. I told her McAfee needs to let the moderators know on the community forum about this because they are telling people to do all this stuff to try and get this app to work.  It is a free app that is downloaded with other apps like Adobe.  So you really have to be careful what boxes you check when Adobe app is downloaded.

Dr_Don
Contributor
Message 8 of 29

When you write, "I don’t need that free app..."; Do you mean, I don't need HVCI? Is HCVI the free app you are talking about?

Lou2
Contributor II
Message 9 of 29

This discussion is about the McAfee Security Scan Plus app.  HVCI Mode is the message you get when you try to download the above app on Windows 10 and 11.

cotero
Contributor
Message 10 of 29

I have LiveSave and same issue.
If the solution is uninstall.....what should I 'uninstall'?

Refound???

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community