Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MuttersSoftly
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Windows 11 Mail client

Hello.

Does McAfee LiveSafe integrate with Windows 11 Mail client?

I used to use Thunderbird email client before my PC died forcing me to buy a new one.

Also, any opinions on the Windows mail app?

5 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 6

Re: Windows 11 Mail client

Hi @MuttersSoftly 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused we request you to contact our McAfee consumer support using the below link.

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Edward Franso

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

hello,

are referring to antispam feature perhaps ?

if so, this was feature has been removed from mcafee product recently.

info can be read in this service doc;

McAfee KB - Feature Removal: Anti-spam in McAfee security software for Windows (TS103183)

hope this info helps ?

greetings

MuttersSoftly
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hello cyberdude

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking more of scanning for potential viruses contained in emails, than anti-spam.

I was thinking of installing Thunderbird email client on my new computer as it has a tick box to allow antivirus products to scan emails if they have that feature.

MuttersSoftly
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking more of scanning for potential viruses contained in emails, than anti-spam.

I was thinking of installing Thunderbird email client on my new computer as it has a tick box to allow antivirus products to scan emails; That is if the AV product supports email scanning. But if McAfee doesn't provide Personal Email Protection, then I will have to give Norton a try.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

Thank you for your reaction.

Regarding personal email scanning;

Mcafee does not have this specific option under real time scanning settings for now.

However the same real time scan happens when the file in your emai is opened. Your computer is secured by McAfee real time.

Real-time scanning checks files for viruses each time you access them.

Thunderbird client itself has spamfilter option settings to determine if incoming email is legitimate or spam/phising.

Hope this helps.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community