cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misterclever
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Where can I buy McAfee's new Intel Anti-Theft?

I have an ultrabook with the Intel Anti Theft chipset - Where can I get this product to protect it?  I'm in Canada.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/news/2012/q3/20120912-01.aspx

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: Where can I buy McAfee's new Intel Anti-Theft?

With the media release just done have you contacted the address mentioned in the release? ie Heather's Mcafee anti theft now called file lock is included in All access and Total protection products. Whether this is the same as needed to run the chipset correctly only Mcafee would know. Try her email.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

As Tony says the old Anti-Theft product is now called File Lock and is a separate entity. but the Intel Anti-Theft chip is supported in All Access and Mobile Security products where one can locate, lock and wipe a device if necessary.

http://home.mcafee.com/store

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/09/12 7:18:31 EDT AM
misterclever
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks Peter - So if I buy All Access I get this functionality?  Because when I visit the page for that product I see zero mention of Intel Anti-Theft protection, nor do I see any of the map location features?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

You wont se it mentioned by name yet as it's a new product but under features there are Mobile Lock, Remotely Wipe Data and Locate and Track, all of which employ this this Intel chip, or at least that's how I read it.

The best people to ask would be Customer Service and it's a free phone call away, just click the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community