cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NONSSPANISH
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

What are these McAfee Popups?

Hi, I'm a paid subscriber. It's been like 2 decades since i tried McAfee, used to be serious issues back then. But I came back. So this software has popups in Spanish. There's nothing in Spanish in my computer. I guess they are paying their developers in pesos now or something? Is there a way to turn off the popups or at least choose English? I don't know Spanish and have no idea what this says. But I paid for software so why does it have constant garbage popups like the attached?

TIA

2 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 3

Re: What are these McAfee Popups?

Hi @NONSSPANISH 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly let us know the following to assist you with the issue

McAfee version:
Product Suite:
Screen shot of error message:

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

NONSSPANISH
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: What are these McAfee Popups?

um

I'm using the av i paid for like last month that came with a new computer. I suppose it's auto updating, i mean AV program that doesn't auto update? I might as well use like clamav or something. Just sayin' - i'm pretty sure the McAfee program i paid for is automatically updating.

1) i did contact support using the chat and nobody "Was home" at mcafee, then i received an email the next day saying my case was closed because i never told them what problem was. 

2) i attached the screenshot to my post. Is it an error message? I don't know it's in Spanish I cannot read it. I mean really McAfee is like a big company i think? I mean there is/was a stadium with McAfee all over it. So It seems like they could pay like a fiverr person to tranlate to English. and make the popup in English. I'd recommend Venezuelans because they are usually well-educated and good speak English in US style, not British. But that's just my opinion. 

I'd just like to know where the language option is in the program so i can these McAfee advertisements in English instead of Spanish. I mean what do people in Mexico do? There's 68 official languages in that country  and Spanish is just one of them. So possibly most of the people in that country also can't read the popup.s I think there should be an option for English or whatever the languages you guys have. As far as I can tell you only have Spanish because i can't find anywhere to change the popup lanuages. And another is i mean why are you popping up these ads when I paid you for the program? That's why I quit using Quickbooks in  2004 because they decided their customers who paid four or five hundred dollars would love their ad popups on the desktop. Maybe i'm like the only person who quit using Quickbooks because of the ads. But you know, I don't have any patience for ads on software to begin with and these in a language i don't even know.

TIA

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community