cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stewdanko
Former Member
Message 1 of 34

Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

I am once again (https://community.mcafee.com/thread/82096?start=0&tstart=0) having a problem with the Virus Scan schedule.  The problem, this time, does not seem to be with the schedule, but when the scheduled scan ends and the scheduler sets up for the cycle.  The following cycle (week) then seems to start 5 hours early as in the last time I reported the problem.  Please report this in your weekly call.

Also, what are the paths and program names for the virus scan and quick clean programs.  I would like to completely abandon the McAfee scheduler and use the Windows task scheduler which is completely reliable.

Thanks.

33 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 34

Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Moved appropriately to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
stewdanko
Former Member
Message 3 of 34

catdaddy wrote:

Moved appropriately to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff

Why has this been moved.  This is a technical failure on the part of McAfee and needs to be escalated to McAfee technical support.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 34

It's in the right spot. You contacted Technical Support and asked them for escalation?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 34

You can't use Task Scheduler to schedule such tasks.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 34

I moved it to the appropriate area for better support. As for escalating the issue, other than contacting Technical Support, or possibly having our Resident Forum Tech take a look at your issue. I could contact him as by reading your past comments, you were unhappy with the effort on their part.

I must go for now,as I have had a 'Family Emergency' occur. I like my Colleagues are 'Volunteer Moderators', and offer assistance when we can. I am certain one will pick up this thread shortly.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
stewdanko
Former Member
Message 7 of 34

Ex_Brit wrote:

It's in the right spot. You contacted Technical Support and asked them for escalation?

Yes.  I did.  They once again ran me through the same procedures and produced no solutions.  The Dell support for McAfee again refused to escalate this to development and switched me to a supervisor who, again, ran me through the same procedures.  They refused to escalate this to a development team.  Incident #SR-1788090466

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 34

OMG, Dell Support is obviously not acquainted with the right procedures.

I will page our resident Tech to see if he can take a look

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 34

So it is still occurring mine has not since it's first occurrence

stewdanko
Former Member
Message 10 of 34

Peacekeeper wrote:

So it is still occurring mine has not since it's first occurrence

It works for the first time when I schedule it, but when it automatically reschedules for the following week, it starts 5 hours early again.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community