cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gellman
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Trouble with security for re- downloading McAfee

My computer tells me that the McAfee is a security problem. I have tried many times to get around that and sometimes do so. and get to the  downloading page. But then it will not download. It tells me there is a problem with the server. But the server is fine on all other downloads. 1. Why is there a security problem with an anti-virus site, of all things? 2. How do I solve the download problem? PLease Help. Yehuda Gellman

8 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: Trouble with security for re- downloading McAfee

Hi Gellman,

Could you please provide with some more information so as we could drill down this one;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
How is the computer connected to internet ? (Dsl/wireless/cable)
Provide us with the exact error message that you receive while downloading , please attach a screen shot if possible

Do you have any othre antivirus software installed in the machine ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Gellman
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for your reply. THe operating system is Vista. Connection is DSL. No other anti-virus. When I want to get to the site where I log in I am told "There is a problem with this site's security certificate." I bypass that buy telling it to continue. I am logged in. I try to download the program (I am resetting the computer). I get a quick window saying "Cannot open this site" with lots of words beneath it. It goes away too fast to read the rest. Returns to security warning, I bypass, I am returned to login, and round and round it goes.  

Gellman
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

I  have the notice now:

https://home.mcaffe.com/secure/protected/login.aspx?appaffid=0&p

roductkey=product key removed my moderator=

Operation aborted

Message was edited by: Dinz on 12/9/10 10:43:49 AM GMT-06:00
Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Could you please check the system date & time to the right bottom corner of the computer. Double click on it and set it right (if found wrong), try re-downloading and let me know the status.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Message was edited by: Dinz on 12/9/10 10:44:43 AM GMT-06:00
Gellman
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

WEll, your suggestion helped partly. I no longer get the security warning, but I still get an aborted download. After that I downloaded Skype with no problem. Yehuda

Gellman
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

I should have explained more. I had McAfee on my notebook computer Lenovo until now. For unrelated reasons I decided to reinstall the computer from 0. So the problem I am having now is only since I have reinstalled the computer. I have a paid subscription and what I am trying to do is to download my program from my account, which is active. Can you help me? Thanks, Yehuda 

Gellman
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Please advise me how to stop the renewal of my subscription. Yehuda

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Gellman wrote:

Please advise me how to stop the renewal of my subscription. Yehuda

See THIS post to turn off auto-renewal.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community