cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark4
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Tracker remover spinning and hangs on "looking for files in internet explorer"

Tracker remover spinning and hangs on "looking for files in internet explorer". Seems to happen with recent update.  Happens in both LiveSafe and Premium. How can we get this feature to work and correctly remove tackers?

15 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 16

Re: Tracker remover spinning and hangs on "looking for files in internet explorer"

Hi @Mark4 

We regret for the inconvenience!

McAfee is aware of the issue and our team is working towards the fix. You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

Mark4
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Re: Tracker remover spinning and hangs on "looking for files in internet explorer"

Any updates? Still not working. Also hangs on Firefox when IE explorer and MS Edge are unchecked. Works with Chrome.

Mark4
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

What is the status of this fix?

Mark4
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

One month and no update or fix. Disappointing.

jw1739
Contributor III
Message 6 of 16

I had to get assistance to load up-to-date software only two days ago, and I have the same problem.

Noel

Kay1
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Installed McAfee Total Protection 16 Release Name 16.0 R50 on both a new Windows 10 Pro machine (22H2) and uninstalled/re-installed it on a Windows 11 Pro machine (21H2).  The new installation of McAfee on both of these machines have the same problem:  tracker remover spins forever and hangs trying to find internet explorer files.   Other machines that were installed much earlier have working tracker removers, most likely because those machines originally had Internet Explorer and may have an existing residual directory that McAfee is happy to search.  Additionally, "Security History" reports "There's no history for this activity and time period" for Show=Everything and For=Last 30 days even after performing quick and full scans on both of these computers.  Should I be concerned whether other virus protection features are working properly?  Should I uninstall McAfee and use something else until a working download becomes available? Appreciate any recommendations.

jw1739
Contributor III
Message 8 of 16

@Kay1 I agree that these flaws do raise the question as to whether LiveSafe is actually giving users any protection at all. It's not good enough to take so long to provide a working update.

VeryAntsy
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

3 months... and no still fix. McAfee, that's really poor; and it makes it even worse that the company still needs to give its user community an update. It makes a complete mockery of having a community support discussion forum. However, McAfee you'll undoubtedly provide fodder for an academic looking for a case study in really bad corporate communications.

jw1739
Contributor III
Message 10 of 16

@VeryAntsy Agreed. Extremely poor service. McAfee should be paying a refund for every day that an advertised feature of the LiveSafe package does not function properly.

As well as this one I still don't see a report of the "risky connections" blocked. How do I have confidence that any feature of LiveSafe is working properly?

At the very least a statement should go to all subscribers to the package, whether or not they are members of the "community."

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community