Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmt21
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Tracker not removing temp files...I have 3,330

Tracker Remover not removing temporary filesy

I cannot find any solution

I currently have the McAfee Livesafe program. When I go to Tracker Remover and click on clean it removes cookies, temporary files and other items. I noticed recently that is was not the temporary files. In fact the temporary files not removed section was gaining more temporary files. 

2 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 3

Re: Tracker not removing temp files...I have 3,330

Hello @jmt21 

Greetings from McAfee,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Reasons why Tracker Remover might not delete the temporary files

• The temporary files are open and locked by another app running on your computer.
  • If your web browser is open, cache files used by the browser are not deleted.
  • Files that are ‘signed’ by McAfee or Microsoft are not deleted. These files are created when you install a McAfee product. Deleting these files might cause related apps to fail to install correctly, or stop working completely.  

To delete temporary files with Tracker Remover

Follow these solutions:
• Close all your applications before you run Tracker Remover.
• Close your browser before you run Tracker Remover. When the browser is open, cached files won't get removed.
• If your temporary files are signed by Microsoft, follow the steps in Disk cleanup in Windows.
NOTE: McAfee files that are saved during installation are deleted automatically when you reboot your PC after installation.

If you aren't able to delete the temporary files even after you follow the above solutions, contact Customer Service.

Regards 
Edward Franso 

Puzzled1
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Tracker not removing temp files...I have 3,330

I also have this problem. Having contacted Technical Support on more than one occasion  all I get is:  @this is s known problem which we are working on. You will be contacted by telephone once we have a solution'

Well this problem started 6 months ago and I am still waiting.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community